UPDATED: July 24, 2013.
The companies from across the country were selected through a rigorous, three-stage application process from more than 125 applicants.
This year’s cohort includes established companies with existing revenue and promising teams with disruptive pre-revenue concepts. A hefty Tennessee delegation includes Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga entrepreneurs who will be joined by teams from as far away as Palo Alto, CA and Boston, MA. Our COO, David Ledgerwood, described some other differentiators for the cohort.
“When you look at the roster this is a really exciting group. We’ve got an age range of close to 25 years. We’ve got international schooling and experience. And, as a Jumpstart first, we’ve got three woman co-founders so we’re all excited about that.”
The 2013 Jumpstart Foundry Cohort includes:
- dVisit (formally eVisit) - a mobile and web app that enables patients to be treated for routine care by their family doctor.
- Gun.io – where companies find the best software talent.
- InvisionHeart - a hardware and software system that allows for the capture and review of cardiac data, serving hospitals clinics and ambulatory care.
- Utlize Health (formally MyMedMatch) - a service to match patients with neurological disabilities to specialized therapies and facilities, to maximize their potential for recovery.
- NewsBreak Media Networks – video-based advertising, interaction and promotion platform for gas stations and convenience store networks
- Poliana - encourages citizen awareness by opening the curtain on confusing legal language, lengthy money trails, and partisan politics.
- Rocket Raise (formally VorText / Rocket Link Mobile) - A messaging app that lets people support the causes they care about, while texting, with a help of a consumer brand. A Kickstarter for causes.
- Zingfin - helps stock investors identify trends and patterns using social sentiments.
Vic Gatto, our Managing Director said, “We have a lot of respect for companies that can make it through the grueling application and interview process. That’s already an accomplishment. Now the real work begins where we rank the companies weekly and the best, most disruptive, business models rise to the top. I’m really proud of what the Jumpstart Foundry alumni have done so far and I look forward to adding this cohort’s accomplishments to the list.”
Supporting this effort are 125 of Nashville’s best entrepreneurial mentors and a full time staff. Jumpstart Foundry kicks off May 19th at the Entrepreneur Center and culminates with Investor Day presentations on August 22.
We hope you are as excited as we are!