JSF44: Interview with ASD’s Bob Eskew
- Bob Eskew, CEO of Automated Systems Design (ASD).
- ASD is a five-time Inc. 5000 national technology company.
- 25 year-old, ASD, is a company that provides design, engineering, manufacturing, and project management of Information Transport Systems. All the wired and wireless connections in commercial enterprises. They are the “plumbers of the Internet.”
- Bob worked an assembly line worker at General Motors before becoming an entrepreneur.
- In 1986 he was asked to build a computer cable and sell it to a friend.
- He was inspired to become an entrepreneur after reading The Magic of Thinking Big by Dr. Dennis Schwartz.
- Think and Grow Rich and How to Win Friends and Influence People also influenced him.
- “The IRS helped me get into business, and they’ve been trying to get me out ever since.”
- He was inspired by his Mom, who gave him two words of advice: “Gumption” and “Initiative”. He later added a third word “Enterprise.”
- Entrepreneurs all have a belief in what they are doing. To be successful you have to truly believe in what you are doing.
- Revenue is the risk. The profit is the reward. The closer you can get those numbers the less risk you have.
- You have to be able to take chances and to go with your gut feeling. Learn to listen to your inner self.
- Contact Bob Eskew by email: beskew at asd-usa dot com.
Jumpstart theme song “DLDN Instrumental (ft. Onlymeith, Mellotroniac)” by: St. Paul from ccMixter.
Posted on February 14, 2013