The other day I asked, What’s the best way to find a co-founder for your startup? on our Facebook page. The answers we received were good, so we wanted to share them here too.
- Find a passionate friend that can challenge you and compliment you in same setting! - Craig Kinley
- Ask. - Kevin Cullis
- I guess in some circumstances entrepreneurs reach a level of self awareness that it may take a different skill set or simply more than one person to bring the idea to life. Then they put a bplan with a 5 yr pro forma together to show the ROI for X% ownership for the co-founder candidates. Afterwards, they start asking around. - Eli Martorana
- Take a business partner compatibility test – there are several out there. - Mariecor Ruediger
- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - Chris Allen
- Use a headhunter. - Chris SpinMan Spintzyk
- Ely Michael Beckman recommended cofounderlab.com founder2b.com.
Kumarovski Thangudic pointed out, “There is no simple answer to this question.” I believe these ideas are a good starting point though.
What are other ways you can think of to find a co-founder? Please leave a comment below or join the conversation on Facebook.