- Faisal Hoque is Founder and CEO at BTM Corporation.
- Ziff-Davis Enterprise named him one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in Technology.
- BTM is a software solution and research company, launched in 2000.
- Faisal began his career in the United States as a “janitorial engineer”, he went on to raise 95 million in funding. His story will inspire you!
- Like Mark Cuban and Steve Jobs, he was fired by the board of his own company.
- Most tech entrepreneurs focus on building the right solution to solve major problems, the financial success comes along later.
- Tech entrepreneurs are long term thinkers, where institutional investors are short term thinkers.
- You must build the right solution that your customers will benefit from.
- Faisal wrote several books on technology management and innovation.
- His latest book, The Power of Convergence, is about how technology has changed our business world, and how best to manage next generation companies.
- He sold stereo equipment at 14 years old. He always wanted to be in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Inspiration comes from many places. He didn’t have one mentor, but many people came into his life just as he needed them.
- Faisal shares three tips for entrepreneurs:
- Everybody’s journey is very unique. You have to have a vision that is grounded by solving a true problem. If you don’t solve a true problem, it’s hard to inspire other people around it.
- Create the right environment with the right people and customer around you.
- Plan for the long haul. Make sure that whatever you do can be repeated.
- Follow @faisal_hoque on Twitter and visit faisalhoque.com. Find more information at BTM Corporation and check out the free BTM Institute too.
Jumpstart theme song “DLDN Instrumental (ft. Onlymeith, Mellotroniac)” by: St. Paul from ccMixter.
Posted on October 25, 2012