- Suzanne Rowland is owner of Sevier Skirts
- Sevier Skirts is a custom skirt company in Nashville, Tennessee, established in 2004.
- Rowland sells her casual and playful custom skirts to guests at house parties.
- Her staff measure guests, and take custom orders based on the loud and funky fabrics the attendees choose.
- Sevier Skirts was born when Rowland couldn’t find a good fit for her career. She began making skirts for fun.
- Jason Moore (a previous guest and friend of Jumpstart Foundry) mentored her.
- She recommends finding mentors early in your business.
- Videos and her blog help communicate how her business operates.
- Don’t just have social media accounts, use them.
- People are more likely to use her service if they have heard of it multiple times. Social helps with this.
- Tips: Find mentors in your city and industry. Ask people in like-industries.
- Rowland would gather like-minded people together for lunches to ask their opinions.
- She recommends Style Blueprint as a great blog, but also because they have the same customer demographic.
- Rowland recommends reading Getting Naked
- Check out speaker Jack Daly for inspiration.
- Reach Suzanne at sevierskirts.com
Posted on October 3, 2012