Jumpstart Episode 35: Boyd Jones
- Boyd Jones is Venture Partner at Co-Power Ventures.
- Co-Power Ventures is a Chinese VC based in Shenzhen.
- They manages about 300 million with a team of 12 people.
- They invest in consumer internet, mobile internet, financial services, hardware and software.
- Boyd is based in the San Francisco area.
- China is the largest internet market.
- In 2004, Boyd teamed up with local entrepreneurs and created iTech Holdings Limited, a small VC firm.
- He moved to Twain to study mandarin chinese after college, and he ended up staying in the region for 21 years.
- The entrepreneurial bug bit him when he started teaching english in 1992. He created his own tutoring business.
- His business led to work in financial services, venture capital, and private equity business.
- Boyd stresses that it is important to find something you are passionate about.
- Make sure you have that inner fire to motivate you and see you through.
- It does take time. You have to put in your time.
- There is always something you can learn from someone else.
- Boyd recommends the books: The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More; The Chinese Dream: The Rise of the World’s Largest Middle Class and What It Means to You; Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose; A Round Table Comic; The Warren Buffett CEO: Secrets from the Berkshire Hathaway Managers
- For every three people walking together, one will become your teacher.
- Contact him on Twitter @boydjones
Posted on September 13, 2012
Categories: Blog, Podcast
Tags: and Purpose; A Round Table Comic, Boyd Jones, China, Co-Power Ventures, Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, private equity, Shenzhen, The Chinese Dream: The Rise of the World's Largest Middle Class and What It Means to You, The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More, The Warren Buffett CEO: Secrets from the Berkshire Hathaway Managers, VC, venture capital