Jumpstart Episode 30: Scott Schwertly
- Scott Schwertly is CEO and Founder of Ethos3 Communications.
- Ethos3 is a presentation design and training company. The firm began 5 1/2 years ago.
- Scott recommends recent presentations by Dan Pink. Check out Pink’s TED Talk on the surprising science of motivation (video below).
- Scott spotted a problem, where people at companies didn’t know how to present well. He found a problem to solve.
- He found a way to make meaning. See Guy Kawasaki‘s short explanation (video below).
- He worked on Ethos3 on the weekends and at night, while he continued his day job.
- Scott read 30 – 40 books in 2 or 3 months to prepare for entrepreneurship.
- Persistence is key. Work hard. Allow things to compound on themselves, so you get that momentum that you need.
- There is great importance in creating content. End each day with something created, so that you have added value to the market.
- Blogging was critically important for his business. He wrote 3 to 5 posts a week.
- He looked for guest blog post and article opportunities.
- ChangeThis.com – Read Scott’s manifesto: Presentation Revolution.
- Scott recommends you read The Art of the Start by Guy Kawasaki.
- He also recommends Now Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham. Use his book to narrow down your five top strengths.
Please SUBSCRIBE to the podcast in iTunes, so you’ll get new episodes as they become available. We also love your reviews.
Jumpstart theme song “DLDN Instrumental (ft. Onlymeith, Mellotroniac)” by: St. Paul from ccMixter.
Posted on July 5, 2012