Jumpstart Episode 28: Ariel Hyatt
- Ariel Hyatt is President at Ariel Publicity & Cyber PR
- Cyber PR is a cloud based software that runs her PR firm
- Main clients are musicians and bands
- They help connect musicians to bloggers, podcasters and internet radio stations
- They also use their platform as an educational resource
- Ariel was in her second job after college, about 23 yrs old. She spent a year working at a record label and then was fired from a concert promotions company
- She was living in Boulder, Colorado, because there were no other concert promotions companies or record labels, she decided to start her own company.
- She has since moved back to New York City about 12 years ago
- Ariel was inspired by her mother. Her mother, Carole Hyatt, wrote New York Times best selling book the Women’s Selling Game about business networking for women.
- Just do it. If you get too precious about your planning, you’ll never have the perfect moment. It’s like having a child. Just dive in and go for it! You’ll figure it out if you want it bad enough.
- Read Seth Godin’s blog and read his book We Are All Weird. Have you heard our interview?
- Subscribe to Social Media Today and Mashable for social media news
- The foundation of being a strong entrepreneur is that you have to understand that the only thing that will stop you and hurt you is yourself.
- Read The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind about how to make money by T. Harv Eker. We’re programmed with a mental number. It’s about resetting your internal compass about making money.
- Be comfortable about asking for what your worth.
- Reach Ariel at ArielPublicityTips.com or follow @cyberpr on Twitter.
Posted on June 7, 2012
Categories: Blog, Podcast
Tags: Ariel Hyatt, Ariel Publicity, Carole Hyatt, CyberPR, Mashable, Seth Godin, Social Media Today, T. Harv Eker, The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, We Are All Weird, Women's Selling Game