I announced today that Jumpstart Foundry has selected six exciting companies to take part in our mentor-driven accelerator program for 2011. Competition for inclusion in JSF’s inaugural class was robust, as nearly 100 tech-oriented businesses from 25 different cities and 8 countries applied for consideration. We received applications ranging from healthcare IT innovation to mobile social networks to hybrid disruptors.
The job of selecting the best six applicants from such a wide application pool was very difficult. That said, I believe this will be a fantastic group of founders with which to work and a really exciting class. The following companies will take part in the Jumpstart Foundry program for 2011:
- YouPromise (www.youpromise.me) - Platform for facilitating video-based, legally binding promises.
- Kahootzz (www.kahootzz.com) - Social platform combining community partnerships and consumer markets into a “local opportunity engine.”
- Reflex (www.reflex.io/)- Tool for visual designers and tech enthusiasts to build applications for Apple iOS and Google Android mobile platforms.
- TapMe (www.tapme.hostuj.sk/) - Multi-platform web service aggregator with filtered content and extended sharing features.
- The Fresh Test (www.thefreshtest.com) – “Farm-to-fork” solution using grid sensor technology devoted to solving waste, spoilage and regulation issues across food supply chains.
- Rent Stuff (www.rentstuff.com)- A secure person-to-person rental marketplace where users can rent and lend almost anything.
Beginning on May 22, the co-founders for these six companies will take part in an intensive program of business development and mentorship, designed to hone not only the new companies’ products but also their stories, aiming toward an invitation-only Investor Day on August 25.
We have a lot of work to do over the next few months to prepare for Investor Day, but the planning phase is almost complete. I can’t wait to run the race…
I can now see the starting line and most importantly – I am incredibly excited about the talented people that JSF has attracted to run with me this summer…
It will be a lot of fun!
Posted on May 5, 2011