Are you an entrepreneur excited about a software or internet business?
Frustrated that developers never build exactly what you want?
Can you devote 6 weekdays of your time (over three months), and some weekend hours?
If so then Jumpstart’s Ruby training classes are built for you?
And would you like a chance to do all that half the cost of the regular tuition? Or what about FOR FREE?
Then apply now to the “Startup on Rails” course, sponsored by Jumpstart Foundry. This class, focusing on the web app development using the Ruby on Rails platform. It is designed as “programming for the rest of us” – no previous technical experience needed.
Aimed at building the tech skills of entrepreneurs and small business owners, “Startup on Rails” is intended for those who’ve never written a program before or consider themselves totally new to programming.
This is much more than a typically beginner’s course. Jeff and the Jumpstart Lab team will get you coding and building useable applications. Here is a summary of what you will learn:
- What is Ruby?
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
- Writing instructions, methods, classes, and programs
- Using libraries to stand on the shoulders of giants
- How to get help when you’re stuck
- How web applications work
- Tour a Rails Application
- Creating your first web app
- Working with a database
- Building effective user interfaces
- Managing source code with git
- Deploying a Rails application
- Authentication and authorization
- Handling Payments
- Tools for monitoring and maintenance
But what was that about FREE?
Jumpstart Foundry and its partners (including CentreSource Interactive Agency and the Nashville Technology Council) will offer three full and four partial (50%) scholarships to interested individuals.
Regular tuition for the “Startup on Rails” course is as follows:
- $1975 per single attendee
- $1850 per attendee in groups of 2 or more
So how can you grab one of these valuable scholarships? Simple…just reach out to one of Jumpstart Foundry’s mentors, introduce yourself and make your case. (Yes, part of this is about polishing your networking skills, too.) Get one of them to submit your name and story for the scholarship, and we will select from those candidates.
Now it’s time to hustle…the deadline for scholarship consideration is March 14th.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to invest in your future…